potter_icon Ver.: 1.5.3potter_iconVer.: 1.4.0a
Updated on: Apr, 09, 2014Updated on: Apr 15, 2014

May

Restore a lost village

t is possible to restore the village from a previous backup point as long as the game has not been deleted from the device.

The game creates a backup once a day, a list of these backups can be found in a hidden feature.

After tapping on the small head of Papa Smurf found in the options menu for about 16 times a “Recover Village” button appears at the bottom right side of the options menu. Clicking on that gives a list of the latest backups. The villages saved there can be previewed and, if needed, restored.

Comments

1. MaameBH says:

Hi, i play the game on my Iphone 4 and for over 2 hours now my game has been crashing. I can't even get past the orange Beeline page. Also i logged out of Facebook and game center, Synced on Itunes. Turned my phone off and back on but the problem still persists. Please help.

2. Ourania says:

Hello a few days ago i made update to my iPad and from my mistake I erase all of my application includes the smurfs. Please if you can to send my village at the level that it was I will very happy and creatfull.thank you and sorry for my English

If your village was connected with Game Center you can re-purchase the app and restore your village.

3. Alannah says:

I just updated and now my entire village is lost! I tried to recover it and nothing is there. I went into Game Centre and it says I have no achievements. Any idea why this has happened?Any chance I can get it back??? I don't want to start a new village – please help! thanks

this is a common problem with all the games, please try to recover you village usnig the tips in this lik: <a href="http://www.goo.gl/95BsO” target=”_blank”>www.goo.gl/95BsO

• Angie says:

I've also lost my village. I did what the tip said (tapping papa smurfs head 15 times) and it still has yet to work.

Tab his head 16 times (options) and select your village.

• OAK says:

I did what you said tap his head 16 times n the recovery village is appear. But the record is not that one i wish to choose. Please help. My village is still empty, only left my pity smurf there…please help me to get back my village to my smurfs~~

4. kayla owen says:

How do I connect with Gamecenter? I'm on the android app for kindle fire.
    Also, I need friends, please!

I just posted something about this so I will copy and paste, I don't wanna type it all again. haha.

Kayla Owen: "if you need friends on smurfs' ville please request me! if you don't know how to add friends follow the steps below.

1. Link your app to your facebook. (From the main menu, click options, and then manage facebook, and then log into your account)
    2. 0nce you have linked to facebook, hit play to go into the game, once in the game click on the map(it should be in the bottom left-hand corner)
    3.Scroll over to where it says invite friends and click it.

This will send a search for any friends on facebook also playing the game so the key is make sure your friends that play have their app linked to facebook also! (:

So, request me on here as a friend and then search and we'll be friends on the game(:"

Android dont have game center, sorry

• alan says:

But in future will be possible to add backup data for android? Because now im planning to change new phone but…i belive for android for now cant transfer any solution…..from samsung galaxy S2 to S3

• Blaine says:

If you had both phones rooted you can do it via Titanium Backup and then transfer the game data. However if your phone is not rooted…then sorry you're out of luck on transferring save data.

5. Soaron ronin says:

what is the limit to go back to?

only what you see whit the recovery option or once you use that.. you can go even more back in time?

smile

Or in short. does it save more then the days show in the recovery option?

Thanks

6. Gicel says:

If I will restart my smurf village that was lost will I recover all my purchases of smurfberries.

7. Gicel says:

I lost my village and not saved on the game center. I followed the recover village but it says there that I have no back up? How can I recover it. Pls help me

If you dont have any other copy of the village somewhere i dont think there is so much more you can do, you can try to contact Beeline and se if rhey can help you or at least give you your sb or money back. <a href="http://www.getsatisfaction.com/beeline_games” target=”_blank”>www.getsatisfaction.com/beeline_games

8. maryna says:

I just updated the game to new version, lost my village on level 18. Can get to the saved games of everyday but can not preview it? Did I lose everything? This sucks, second time I had to start over… my daughter actually burst out crying, shame all her work down the drain, if anyone can help????

9. Dania Hamad says:

Hi my village suddenly was gone my smurfs & everything all I have left a few smurf , and I cant even play anymore they tell me to build something and when I try there's no place to place it. What should I do I want my village back

10. renda says:

I have soccer field invisible appeared on my main village just couple days ago until right now, should i recovery my village? Because i just got patient frog from lucky smurf, im afraid if i recovery my village, i will lose my patient frog.

yeah, recover your village. Dont wait too long or you will lose more progress.

• Heimdall says:

A frog is cheap (before you argue that – yes, it is 15000 coins, but you only need coins, not smurfberries). I don't know if you can delete the invisible soccer field and then buy another one, though.

11. KRs says:

i'm on LEVEL 18 and i lost everything even all the smurf village all i can see was papa smurf and jokey? please help me. thank you

12. liong says:

hi i lost my past game but i restart the game can i get it back

Are you using an IOS device to play the game? If so, try the following: To recover your village, go to the game menu, tap options, then tap on Papa Smurf's head 16 times. A 'Recover Village' button should appear on the right hand corner. Tap on it and a list of saved games will appear in the next screen. From there, select your desired saved game, preview it and tap yes to confirm.

13. rob says:

i just got a new kindle fire how can i transfer my game from the old kindle fire to the new one

Basically you need to backup app & data on old device and restore it on new device. Android has Titanium backup app but I dont know if it will run on kindle. Google backup/restore for your device and see how others are doing it.

• eric says:

Rob
      My kindle is not working properly and Amazon is going to send me a new one. I am getting ready to do this too. Did you figure it out or what happened? Please email me if you can and also you can add me as a friend to let me know the process. cme135@gmail.com
      thanks

14. lara says:

Hi there..i have a samsung galaxy note…i reached level 18..i built 2 bridgea and had 38 smurfs..abd sundenly out of nowhere i lost everythn, the space and all my smurfs but still level 18 and have lots of gold.please help me to find a solution…because i will never resrart..thank you

15. Irene says:

Hi there, I played smurf's village on my iphone 4s. I updated it last week, but after that I can't open it anymore.
    I tried several times, but It just kick me out by tap the icon, can't even enter the game to "touch papa smurf's head" to save.
    And I don't know did the game saved successful in the game center, so I don't dare to delete to start a new one.
    Can someone help me to solve this?
    Appreciate for that~~ : )

16. mrsgilbo says:

My son has been playing on my work iPad for quite awhile, Level 25. He just got a Kindle Fire. How can I transfer his saved level to the android from the iPad. It is backedup using Game Center.

You can't transfer a village from apple to android and vice versa. They are different platforms

17. amber says:

I have an andriod ( samsung captivate) and when I try to update its says error there is insufficient space but I have space, How do I fix this?

android has internal and external space. Make sure you choose the right one. Or just reboot device and see if it helps.

• amber says:

Choose the right what? I have 12.74 gb internal sd card and 1.47 gb internal phone storage. Also how do I reboot phone and if I do that will I lose data

Press and hold power button to reboot device. Turning device off and on wont delete anything

• amber says:

If i clear cache in smurf village will I lose my progress and my village?

18. Tata says:

Pessoal quem pode me ajudarrrrrrrrrrr

Meu Iphone ja eras e vou comprar um samsung só para continuar com o joguinho do smurf village… como recupero para outro dispositivo?? uma vez que meu Iphone morreu??

Me ajudem estou desesperadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

19. Alice says:

Okay so I updated my iPad a few days ago and my village erased. So assuming that I couldn't get it back I started a new one..I've tried all the techniques I've read on how to restore it but nothing works. Can someone help me?

Go to options, tab Papa smurfs head 16 times. The a button 'recover village' appears. Select your village.

20. Assej says:

H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My smurfs are lost including Scaredy and Jokey! Out of 41 total population only 14 are left. I don't know where did they go. Please help me guys!

Recover your village.

• kayla says:

Have you been changing your device time? If you do Papa Smurf send them away because you've been overworking them…

• abc says:

one time all my smurfs except papa briany and jocky disapered so did some thing i went to main menu click options then in that click papas head 16 times it will say recover village click latest one

21. tina says:

hi my name in tina and my ipod smurf game stayed on the level but cant see the game what should i do becauce i like the game email tnsteffensen@yahoo.com tina

22. sharon jacks says:

i am not a very happy person i got my smurfsvillage to leval 27 and now its not working i want it back

23. Amy says:

Does this method only applicable to restore the village on the same device? I'm using a new device and I cannot retrieve my village!!!

24. Smurferguam says:

I am playing on ipad2. I have game center and I have 2 villages under 2 apple IDs. My smurfvillage would not pass the orange beeline logo. So I deleted the game and reinstalled it. I was able to get back 1 of my villages with no problem after I signed into GC. However, when I signed in on GC with the other apple ID for the 2nd village, it was on level 1 :(. That village is on level 26, and when I visit it from my other village, the village looks fine! I tried tapping on papa, pressed the recover village option, there was 1 backup dated today, I pressed preview and nothing happened. When I pressed the back arrow button and pressed play, it was still level 1. Plssss help!

• Smurferguam says:

I used someone else's iPad and signed in on GC and was able to retrieve my village at level 26, but when I go back to my iPad and sign in with the ID for that village, it still goes back to the beginning with Gargamel and the cat. Is there any way I can still get back that village on my iPad? Thank you!!!

That means your game is still saved on GC which is good. Reinstall the app, login gc and launch the game from there. Play a little bit and it should prompt you to choose between local and GC level. Pick GC of course.

I think you should restart your device first and see if it works before reinstalling. Just press and hold the power button to turn off/on

• Smurferguam says:

Thank you. I did try turning the ipad off/on and it still shows the gargamel scene. If I reinstall the game again and sign in on the gc for that village, then I might lose the other village! I'm thinking the gc option only comes up once per village. Any other ideas? Thank you again for helping.

The sigh for chosing which village is yours can let you see a preview off both villages and I don't think you're affraid off losing a village that was destroyed by Gargamel.

25. Boyd says:

I have played this smurf village game on my iphone4 now at level 34, but i accidentally deleted my itune account. Now i can’t update this game, is there any way that i can still save this game and make update on different itune account? Is there any other option that i can still keep my old village? PLease help me really wany my village!! thank u!!

26. Rhaffie says:

Hello there.. Yep.. The tapping of papa smurfs head works for me.. But what really scares me is I thought I wouldn't be able to play the game again.. I hope this would happen to anyone.. Beeline please fix this… Ohh yea. One more thing.. My crops withered.. Somewhat it is just a tomato.. But still it's a lost… Hope this would happen to anyone… Specially those who plant crops that takes lots of time and money… Beeline.. Please fix this… Or you never know… In the future you'll lost many for your avid fans… And I'm one of them… So please.. Please…

27. Jan says:

I have been told to build Lucky smurfs mystery box shop. I can't find it, it is not there to build. Help pls.

28. Narcizo says:

I cannot open the game four days after installing the latest update. After loading the orange beeline logo, it automatically shut down. i was in level 27, but i dont known what i doing. help me. please.

29. NIk says:

I also lost all of my games and have played for a really long time and was on like level 30 well when i go to saved games there is only one and i can click on it but all i can do is preview it i cant play off that level or anything the only option i have is to restart and if that is the case then this game is just taking up space and isnt worth it

30. Jamie says:

Hi everyone!
    Please help me :(
    After I press the start botton,i can't enter the game.
    I try to recover the game n it still doesn't work :(
    What should I do????
    I don't want to lose my viiage :(((((((

31. Kay says:

I was happily playing without the game centre. This morning I connected via Game Centre and since then I am having loads of problems, all described here. I want to get rid of the Game Centre and have my game back in peace, how can I do that?

I use game center and facebook without any problem. Game center saves a copy of you village on game center server. Game center allows you to reinstall without losing your village With game center, you can take the village to your new device later. Game center let you create multiple villages on the same device. If you still dont want to use game center , just reboot your device then launch game outside of game center.

• Kay says:

Thanks Brainy, but I was really unlucky with Game Center for all my games. Jetpack Joyride made me loose stuff I had bought, and the village became impossible to play, crashing all the time! I did like that with Game Center I got presents and gave presents, which I cannot do with facebook, don't know why! ?But after 2 days of crashing I signed out of GC and recovered my village from 3 days earlier and now it's working fine again! Wish I could understand what happened..

32. Tara says:

When I opened my app after not having used it for a long time, it gave me the option of a new village at Level 1 or my online village with an "unknown" amount of coins and smurfberries and on an "unknown" level. I was in the 30s on level and had a lot of purchased smurfberries. I chose that village and it told me, "Oops! You may need to update your Smurfs application to view this village." But it is updated, and I've tried deleting and re-installing the game and turning off and back on my phone. I've tried the "restore game" thing under Options but the only option it gives me is today on Level 1. I have a new phone from when I last played, but this is happening on my iPad, where I have played the same village, also. Help?

33. chip says:

I have played smurfs for over a year and half…LOST EVERYTHING and to beat I have purchased over the year over $150 in smurfberries????Its all GONE!!!! What Can I do????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

nothing in the preview for you to restore ? No game center either ? This is the most unstable game I"ve played so I backup my device to itune once a week just in case restore and gc dont work.

34. Amanda says:

Hi!

I have tapped Papa Smurf's head and successfully gotten to the recover village screen. I cannot go any further, though, because my Ipad 2 won't let me click the preview village button. What can I do?

Thanks!

35. jessica says:

i made the upgrade but i don t have any palm tree on island..what can i do?

36. LuchiV says:

Hi, I just lost my village, I´m at level 23! I tapped Papa smurf´s head and nothing happened! I don´t know what to do!!! I´m playing from my android. Please HELP!!!!!

try it again. Sometimes it takes a few tries for the "recovery game" button to show up.

• squirt says:

the recovery button does pop up.. when i load a previous saved game it goes back to gargamel anyways, only happened after i updated last night. HELP! like seriously smurfberries and all were lost.

37. Isabel says:

PLEASE HELP ME!! I have the a very similar proble to the ones I've read in here… I visited my friends villages and when I went back to mine it started as if it was in level 1.

I did the tap papa smurf 16 times thing but it only shows me only option… and it has todays date… so I'm freaking out!! like, were are all the other backups that the game supposely do automatocly everyday?!!

Any suggestions? what can I do?? Is my game lost forever?? :'(

Isabel. I hate problem like this because we dont know why and dont have any solution to get the village back. The game is supposed to save to local device once a day. Have you rebooted your device ? Press and hold power button to turn off device. If that still doesnt work then go straight to beeline official website https://getsatisfaction.com/beeline_games/topics . I dont know if beeline support helpful or not support@beeline-i.com

38. Aggelos says:

We also loose our smurf village after update…. We were at level 26 and now again at level 1…..pleaseeeeeeee help us to back up our village!

You cant restore your village ?

• Aggelos says:

I play from iPhone4 …. Im 8 years old how i can make restore ?

Go to the main menu, options. Then you can see Papa Smurf's head. Tab it 16 times. A new button 'recover village' appears. Then you see a list off your village from some days earlier. Select the one you want.

39. Aggelos says:

I love him always

40. Deandra says:

Hi, sorry, I need help again… I already restored my previous village but then the unknown village keeps reapearing over and over again if I play my smurfs' village. How long will this last?

41. Leonard Han says:

It works … thanks Brainy. I think the new update had some bugs that disappearing our villages. Need to fix it soon …; mine is back after recovering by 16 taps on Papa Smurfs icon.

no problem. Reinstalling and recovering the village are the only workarounds we use to get around beeline issues. Unfortunately sometimes these workarounds dont work for some players.

42. Deandra says:

Hi, please help :( I just updated the new version of smurfs village. When I opened my village, Gargamel came and said he almost had the smurfs and Papa tells me to build a garden. I tried reseting the device but it didn't work. I also tried tapping on Papa's head in 'options' but the restore village button didn't appear. I'm still in level 23 and my coins and smurfberries remain the same, but my smurfette and all the major smurfs are gone :( Please reply ASAP

You need too tap on papa smurfs head 16 times and it can take some in before the recover village option apears

• Deandra says:

Thanks Sassete :D

• Deandra says:

Hi :) I'm having difficulties visiting my friend's village. I tried to visit her but the ' you may need to update your Smurf's application to view this village ' message pops out. Please help

43. Jennie says:

Hi! I just purchased a new android device (Samsung Galaxy Note). Am I able to transfer my Smurf Village from my old device (Samsung Galaxy S II) to this one? Or will I have to start from level 1 again? :(

This is rather android devices. You need to find an app that let you backup game data on 1 device and restore on to another device. I have never transferred a village so I dont know. You can google app backup/restore for your device.

44. Arb says:

I updated my game also, and lost everything. I was on level 25. I did click on the "saved village" but it only gave me level 1. Now, I cant tap om papa smurfs head because the app wont even stay open long enough to allow me to do anything, the screen goes black and puts me back to my main app page on my iphone. Can someone help?? I dont want to start over, Ive been playing for almost a year now. If thats my only option, I guess Ill delete the app all together.

you need to contact support@beeline-i.com or post to beeline official page https://getsatisfaction.com/beeline_games/topics

• yoyo1 says:

Hi, I did this. But through the beeline officially page/contact.
        How soon does it normally take to get an answere back? Anyway I do hope to get an anwere back.
        Before the update last weekend the football/soccer player card was shown, this is at the desktop of my devise/tablet. But in the explorer you find the updated one, which is the one with the smurfette. Does this information helps to get an answere sooner?
        Kind regards. Jolanda

45. Kiki says:

SOS!!! Please help me! I lost my village! I updated Smurfs' village and I went back to level 1. I tried everything. I went to Game Center, I tapped Papa Smurfs' head 16 times, but the result was the same. Back to level 1!!!!!!!
    I don't know what to do. I had reached 35 level and I'm not willing to restart the game…

46. Camilla says:

I updated my game yesterday. June 23rd….now my game has restarted…I lost everything.I tried Tapping on Papa Smurf and then the restore button. It did not work. The only games that was saved was from last night after I updated and then 1 today

47. Aratie says:

My village is also gone :( Updated the game a few days ago.. I've tried to recover the village, but nothing happens when I tap "preview village".
    I'm able to preview saves from today and yesterday, but not the one I need! Does anyone know what to do? :)

• Ryan says:

what to do if recover village does not work? saved villages appears but preview button does not work? i just updated to the latest version

We dont know any workaround for your problem. Contact beeline support@beeline-i.com or beeline official page https://getsatisfaction.com/beeline_games/topics

48. Joppe says:

Does somebody know how to transfer your smurfs village from an ipod touch to an iphone. In gamecenter i can't see my village so I can't use that

49. Emily says:

thanks!! :D

50. Ivica says:

I updated to a newer version. Now when i use game centre to connect my village ilost everything i built , but my level is here 33, and smurfberrues are here also but no buildings and smurfs, no island nothing, and i have to build everything from scratch but the game wont allow me to place anywere on screen, and the river seems to fly over the village.pls help

Go to main menu.
      Then go to options.
      Tab Papa Smurfs head 16 times.
      Then a option recover village appears and select yours ;)

• Cecile says:

Hi, i tapped 16 times on papa smurf, the recover village option appears, i tap on it, then the list of saved villages appears but if i select any of them then tap "preview village" nothing happens. Only if i select today's saved village (were the little surfs are running around on green empty territory, with back to level one) gets to preview, but that's obviously not the village i want to restore!
        Any further guidance please?

Looks like that game did not save your village properly. Contact beeline support@beeline-i.com and post your problem to beeline official page https://getsatisfaction.com/beeline_games/topics

• RYan says:

Looks like the game did not save your village properly. You need to contact beeline support@beeline-i.com

• My preview button works but the latest option they are giving me doesn't have a few things I did a lot of redecorating and that's all gone, should I just take my losses and go from there or is there an option to get those things back

You lose some progress when restoring a village.

• I lost a lot during the process because I did a lot, but I am grateful I don't have to start over being as I am maxed on the level till the next afflicted update :-( thanks, no more bothering from me Brainy :-) may not be playing till the next update comes out.

If you want, you can keep playing and jump the level when the update comes out. I've been maxed since Sept last year because I always have enough xp to jump several levels when beeline comes out with update.

• DaveS says:

Okay, I can preview a previous village, but I cannot work out how to actually restore it. I’m on android btw.

Thanks.