Ver.: 1.5.9iconVer.: 1.4.7a
Updated on: August 28, 2014Updated on: September 19 , 2014

Apr

Growing Flowers

Latest Easter update (version 1.0.7) introduced new gardens where flowers can be grown and like crops they give XP (but no coins) and wilt after sometime. But there is also a new social-networking feature that prevents them from wilting. Once a flower is done and has given XP, a friend (i.e. a neighbour) can water them. If a friend visits the village and sees a water can sign above the flower gardens, taping them gives the flowers water. If this has happened, a water can sign will again appear above the flowers in the village and taping that makes a Smurf return to the flowers to water them and after their normal growing time they give XP again without the need to buy new seeds. If a flower has not been watered by a neighbour within the same time it took the flower to blossom it will wilt and has to be deleted. Planting new flowers is rather expensive, because they do not give coins back, so asking your friends to water the flowers is a good way to save coins.

The flower gardens are available at level 14 and cost 200 coins, some seeds come available later in the levels. If a seed can’t be used, but has the sign “Needs Seed” across the picture, it means this crop needs to be given by a friend as a gift before it is unlocked. Seeds, as soon as they have been grown and harvested once, can be given as gifts to neighbours. If a seed has been given once, the seed is unlocked and can from there on be used without restrictions. Some seeds have to be given as gifts to unlock (which ones is chosen randomly), as soon as this has happened, getting the same seed as gift for a second time does not do anything anymore. Buying Nat Smurfling unlocks all seeds immediately and they do not have to be given as gifts first anymore (although it is still necessary to reach the required level before using them).

Like the crops there has to be a Smurf available to water the flowers, if there is no Smurf available, they cannot be planted. The following is a list of available seeds, the required level, duration, the XP they give and their costs:

Flower
Orange Chrysanthemums50 Coins300 XP12 hoursLevel 18
Orange Lilies75 Coins600 XP24 hoursNeeds Nat Smurf
Blue Lilies75 Coins350 XP12 hoursNeeds Nat Smurf
Blue Tulip100 Coins450 XP18 hoursLevel 20
Red Tulip100 Coins325 XP12 hours Level 24
Pink Tulip100 Coins250 XP8 hoursLevel 28

Comments

1. Putzie-Mutzie says:

WANTED: Good neighbour who waters plants and takes care of island palms. If you feel you meet these requirements please add me.

Putzie-Mutzie

I of course will do the same for you :)

Hey Putzie-Mutzie , if you go to "ADD ME" page you will get a lot of freinds who can add you, in order to get to ADD ME page follow this link: http://www.mysmurfsvillage.com/f-aq/add-me/

2. Yah says:

If u delete land plots for the flowers would u be able to change then back to land?

3. kpindenver says:

I am on Grouchy's challenge and have been for about 100 boxes or two weeks. I have nine planters – do I have to have 30? I have planted all three types of tulips and it is still saying that I haven't achieved the quest. What is the solution???

4. Daisy says:

I’m in level 47. And why couldn’t I finish the assignment of “havest 20 boxes of tulips”? The assignemt is required by PAPA Smurf. And I growed all kinds of tulips for 20 boxes why can’t I acheive?

5. Pietro says:

How do you delete plots of land? I'm stuck on Grouchys tulip challenge.

6. TK's Village says:

TK's Village still having the same problem after 4 weeks!!! Unable to receive gifts or water for flowers. Help! Does anyone have a solution?

If you are on apple and using game center to launch the game, you can fix this problem by reinstalling the game. Make sure you backup your device to itune first before reinstalling. Do not reinstall if you are not using game center or on android.

• TK's Village says:

Thanks Brainy, I did not dream this was such a simple fix. This worked, thanks again!!!

7. Ray Ray333 says:

I am at quest from Grouchy to plant 30 boxes of tulips and I've planted about 100. I also tried to just plant and not harvest and still nothing. I have 15 boxes available to plant. I can't get enough boxes to plant all 30 at the same time and that didn't matter before; I could plant in partials and the quest was complete once the entire amount was planted. Help!
    E

8. Robert says:

Add me trunks_prince…. I’ll give seeds or bolts as gifts… Just add me

9. Pitufina says:

Hi, I having some problems with the message in the bottles, this is the 2nd time that after completed the second o third quest the bottles disappears and I only need one more piece of the totem, please help me!!!!

Thanks

10. Merethes tur says:

can some one send me seeds! Right now I need red roses.
    My ID is: Merethes tur

reply to the comment with ID
    i give daily gifts :) (after the seed I like gifts as bolts)

11. Stacey says:

I need my flowers watered. I have 23 hours. Can someone please help. Thanks. My GC is slytrini.

12. Ice says:

Ice got to harvest 30 crops of tulips by the smurf with the little grey cloud under his head I’ve done this and it’s not completing the task any suggestions as I’ve been doing it now for 2 weeks arghhhh help!!!!

13. Jenn says:

I'm trying to buy more box gardens but it says I need more smurfs to do so… I have 90 available smurfs out of 101 smurfs, why do I have to get e new smurf to buy a box garden??

A garden box also takes up the capacity of 1 smurf…so if you have some farm plots out, it's time to delete them if you want to build more flower boxes.

14. teddybear 04 says:

And again, something else does not work properly….

My flowers can not be watered because the watering can does not appear in the neighbouring village.

Does anybody else have this problem and maybe a solution?

Reboot device ? I dont know whats wrong with your flower but I have a watering tip for you if you havent already done so. Just need to water 1 flower and the rest will be waterjavascript:void(0);ed automatically. Just water 1 flower, leave the village, come back and see for yourself. We have tested this water feature few months ago.

• teddybear says:

It is working again, I rebooted, no clue what happened.

But this is a nice tip. Thanks! Saves me a lot of time while gifting!

it would save people time if beeline popup a message telling user they already helped the neigbhor like when you try to water the palm tree the 2nd time.

15. Tom Kimbrel says:

TK's Village flowers continue to wither even though I am positive my flowers are watered. The watering can does not show up above my flowers and they wither. Also, the gifts given to me do not show up, specifically bolts for clockwork smurf. My friends who water my flowers use apple ipads, my device is an iphone 4s. I am getting frustrated as I lose a round of flowers every time I replant. Does anyone have a solution? I have written to Beeline but they have not given me a solution as of yet.

• Carol says:

Try placing all the flower boxes on the same place. I had some on one side of the river behind Nat's hut and some opposite the stream ; and those opposite got watered, the others couldnt though watered by a friend. Now I am happy seeing them all get watered and bloom all the time.

16. cArrOts says:

Grouchy's tulip requirement: havest 30boxes of tulips… I've harvested more than 30 already but still I have'nt completed the task still. I only have 4 boxes and i harvest the 30 boxes of tulips 6x. What should I do to complete it… please please advise…

You need to harvest all 30 at the same time….this means you need to have 30 boxes, instead of 4.

17. Lotus says:

how to add friend in my village?

18. Claire18 says:

I’ve planted over 30 boxes of tulips and even tried planting all the different types but the quest still won’t finsh. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

harvest all 30 blue tulips at the same time.

• TozBianca says:

And how is that supposed to work? You would need to be at least on level 29 to even have the chance of having enough flower boxes. (starting on level 14 and ONLY building flower boxes and never gardens/fields for other crops from then on)
        There is no color given (I'm stuck on the same quest) so it shouldn't make a difference which ones you plant and harvest and all the other quests could always be done "in installments".

19. TK's Village says:

Help, I have friends water my flowers and they continue to wither, does anyone have a fix. My flowers are watered more than once and the water can does not show up in my village.

20. Robert says:

Add me trunks prince!!!

21. ash says:

I was told to harverst 30 boxes of tulip. Is there a shorter way to complete the task?

22. Aly says:

Hello I don't have any friends (please add LABORICUA89) and I will give flower seeds if you send me flower seeds. Gracias!

23. Fabiola says:

Can somebody add coolcoolvillage via GameCenter, I don't have any friends to send me flower's seed. Thanks..

24. Robert says:

Is anyone else having issues with the bottle quests?!!.. The bottle shows up, asks for smurfs to go explore for 30 hours and when I do, the bottle disappears, and lose my smurfs for a day or so… Any help?

I guess you havent read the old posts. EVERYBODY has issue with bottle. Ignore bottle quests until next update.

25. Mili says:

Please add me Game Centre

26. Jnklutka says:

So i get date seeds as a gift from friends but yet it wont unlock on my island. Is this a bug?

not sure what you mean unlock ? You need to tap at the base of palm tree to select the seed. YOu have to plant and harvest the seeds before you can gift it to neighbors. I always tell people dont gift seeds unless someone ask for it because seed gives neighbor NOTHING if they already got the seed.

27. Kdkxkfmzjd says:

Can someone water my plants marouf2094 I don't know what to do m n level 14

28. Tinkerbean says:

I would be very grateful if someone would add me as a friend! Tinkerbean is the name. Please and Thank you!

29. Lulu says:

Hi can someone add me as a friend please (lulutb1) I need seed :(

30. Dee says:

Have just been advised by beeline there are issues with some users receiving gifts and watering flowers, there is no release date for a fix yet….. Not great I'm afraid. There is really no point for me continuing to plant flowers at the moment.

31. Turtle 89 says:

Can someone add me as a friend ..Turtle 89, I need seeds please !

32. Grace CHUI says:

After watering my neighbors' flowers, they can't rec'd! Also, no gifts can be rec'd even though I had sent the gifts to them. Meanwhile, same problem to me. Please help me to solve the problems. Thx!

sometimes it can take a while for the water cans and gifts to apear in your friends village you dont write if you play on android or iOs but if you play on iOs you can try to only have your neighbors through gc and log and remove the fb conection because fb can in some moments cause problems

33. Kerstin says:

I can water my own plants, is this normal?? When I water them I do not get xp
    Anyone having the same xperience?

You can't water your own flowers.
      When a friend waters yours ,the water can sign is above the flowers. If you tab it, you have to wait the time it needs to take for that flower to harvest it again.

34. @Johnvigna73 says:

Please send me seeds
    gc nickname
    johnvigna

see you ;)

35. Only_luv_u says:

How can I buy more slot to growing flowers? Because I'm level 27 but I have only 2 slot :((. I don't know what happen :(. Plz, help me

36. Elaine says:

I completed the quest! No daisies, no roses.
    I just planted and harvested tulip and chrysanthemums,
    and once a friend sent me a gift the quest completed!

Red roses worked. U need neighbors to gift u red rose seeds. Look at our facebook and see how people request neighbors

• Elaine says:

I just want to tell the others I DON'T need red rose and the task was COMPLETED !

37. Elaine says:

Anyone try planting tulips and can complete Smurfette's quest?

38. Anne says:

I have smurfetts mission to harvest 20 flowers I planted orange lilies and it don't seem to pass it when I have harvest 30 flowers

39. Sai says:

Can some one add me as a friend? My game center ID is sai0901

40. magz says:

can some one send me seeds!
    preferably Red Chrysanthemums!

reply to the comment with ID
    i give daily gifts :)

41. Emz says:

I'm on smurfette flower box quest but I only have 9 boxes, I have planted several flowers more than the 20 it asks u to harvest but quest still not complete any ideas? I can't get any more boxes till next level

42. curious says:

I have past level 18 but still only have five different kinds of seeds. Is there something I can do about that?

43. Tim says:

I have the same issue . No watering cans. And

When my friend sends me seeds i can’t use them. Any ideas

buy the flower bed, tap on flower bed to select seeds. U need a dedicated smurf for the flower bed, like plot of land.
      If u dont have any free smurf now, u can delete the crop, delete the land plot to free up a smurf. Or wait for next level.

44. hi
    when i was playing the game in level 18 my sumerfs have been Achtfo, i dont know where are they
    can someone help me and guide me

45. Jen says:

Hi! My boyfriend and I used to water each other's gardens and give each other gifts everyday. But since I dont know when, I'm not getting any gifts or water when my boyfriend sent me those. I have tried so many times to connect it with FB and Game Center, but it doesnt work. And yet, I can still send gifts and water to my boyfriend and he gets them just fine. I have waited for a while thinking maybe its a bug that would be fixed in the upcoming update, but even after the latest update it doesnt seem to work…. HELP! :p Thanks;)

Is your boyfriend connected to FB or Game Center? That could fix it, otherwise you may be experiencing a bug and you should contact Beeline.

46. Liz says:

I don’t have friends to send me flower’s seeds, how can I pass the papa smurf’s task?

Which quest? Does he ask you to visit another village?

• bumb3k says:

I don't have friends either. Quest says I should plant some seed. How can I pass it?

u should have some daisy seeds by default. To get more seeds, you need to add neighbors.
          Just post an add message to our facebook

For android, post "add me android"
          For apple , post "add me apple" or "add me game center your_game_center_id"

U can only see players playing on the same platform.

47. Adam says:

How do my friends water my flowers they keep going onto my village to water them for me but nothing can be done with them

48. Birdie says:

Smurfette wants me to harvest 20 crops of flowers. Do I have to have a friend to water them (I don't have one)

It's not harvest but PLANT 20 flowers, try blue daiseys for example.

• Birdie says:

Smurfette really does say "harvest" 20 boxes of flowers, not "plant". I have planted more than 20 boxes and the quest still continues. When they come into flower, what should I do? I don't have a friend who can water them for me.

• kamila says:

I have the same problem. And I dont know what I can do.

49. Aj says:

I’m on level 14 but it says I need red rose seeds. And my friend doesn’t have them. And its for papa smurfs’ task. What should I do?

When your neighbors give you a gift they can select to give you rose seeds ask them to look in the gift list next tile there thry have a picture of the roses and that is rose seeds

50. Scott S says:

My flower boxes are starting to turn into regular gardens. I am not sure why. Has anyone experienced this and learned of a fix?