How to get the Japanese Smurf’s Village version (iOS only)By
The Japanese version of the Smurf’s Village is developed by a different team, i.e. they still use the same graphics/principles, but the game has some minor changes/differences in comparison to the standard (worldwide) version.
But the biggest difference is that Beeline uses this version to test new features and items. That is why the Japanese version usually gets special limited offers before the normal version and sometimes they never come to the standard app at all.
The differences are not so big that everyone would want to get the Japanese version, but there are still some among you who are curious and would like to try it.
Unfortunately it can only be downloaded from the Japan iTunes store, hence a Japanese account (with a billing address and a payment card in Japan) is usually required.
This tutorial shows how to create a Japanese iTunes Account without a payment card or gift code.
The creation of this iTunes Account requires an email address that is not yet registered to an iTunes Account. If a new email account is created for this with one of the free services (such as Gmail, iCloud etc.) it is best to simply set it up to forward all incoming emails to the already existing email address.
With the new Japanese Account all free games and other free contents can be downloaded, to buy Smurfberries or other paid items, however, a Japanese payment card and billing address is needed or an iTunes Gift Code for the Japan Store (for example available via eBay) has to be redeemed.
When the Japan version of the game is installed, its updates will not automatically show up on the AppStore of the iDevice, because there is not a version of this game available on the other markets. To check for updates, either log out of the current Account and then log into the Japanese Account or check if the Game Center Icon of the game has changed.
You cannot transfer content or purchases from the Japan version to the normal one or vice versa, meaning Smurfberries bought in either version are not available in the other one and have to be purchased twice. It is also not possible to transfer an existing village to the Japanese version.
This website offers help for the “normal” version of the Smurf’s Village and not the Japanese version. If you have questions we are trying to help, but we do not guarantee support for this version. The same goes for Beeline customer support, the English speaking support (as well as the support community) might not be able to help you with this version and to contact the support team for the Japanese version it might be required to have Japanese language skills.
Moreover, the whole game will be in Japanese. That means it is rather difficult to play the game and especially to complete the tasks given without understanding the text.
That is why this version should only be installed by someone who really wants to and does not mind the troubles/complications this can cause.
2. Creating a Japanese iTunes Account without credit card or redemption of a gift code.
This has been tested with iTunes version 10. With this version the complete sign up process will be shown in the system language, the procedure is the same with lower versions of iTunes, but the sign up process might be in Japan. There is no guarantee that it will also work with coming versions of iTunes.
- Open iTunes on your computer and go to the iTunes Store
- If you are signed into the store with your current account, click on your email in the upper right corner and choose “Sign Out”.
- Go to the bottom of the store, on the right edge there will be a round icon with your country’s flag. Click on the flag.
- On the screen, scroll to the “Asia Pacific” section and click on the flag of Japan
- Now the Japanese iTunes Store will be opened. In the search field at the top right corner enter “Smurfs”. There will be two results, the “worldwide version” called “Smurf’s Village” and the second one with the title written in Japan. Click on the icon of the Japanese version.
- Now the description page for the App opens. Click on the “Free” symbol under the App Icon
- When the login window appears, press the “Create Account” button.
- On the welcome screen, click continue and fill out the “Apple ID Details”. Make sure to fill these fields out with the correct data, so you can recover your account should you loose the password.
- On the next screen choose “None” for payment type. If the “none” option is not there it means you have made a mistake somewhere, most likely you did not click on the “Free” sign under the app. You need to start from a free app for the “None” option to appear.
- For the billing information you can enter whatever you want for most of the fields, except for the postal code and the telephone area code. For the postal code, simply do a Google Maps search for a valid address or copy the information from the screenshot. A working telephone area code is also required. One is, for example “03″ followed by a phone number in the format XXXX-XXXX.
- If all information has been entered correctly, a verification email will be send to the email account given in the first steps of the registration process.
- After a while, check your email, you should get a similar mail as shown in the screenshot below. Click on “Verify Now” and the last step is completed. The Account is now active.
3. Installation of the App
Now open the App Store on your device and log out of your usual account, then log into the newly created Japanese account and search once more for “Smurfs”. Then simply install the game as it is done with other apps.