icon Ver.: 1.8.0iconVer.: 1.4.8.a
Updated on: October 29, 2014Updated on: October 9, 2014

May

Painter Smurf

Painter Smurf costs 30 Smurfberries and is stationary. He comes with a painting mini-game and the feature to change the colour of items in the village. The goal of the game is to recolour a black and white painting within a specific time. The original painting is displayed on the right side, and there are two pencils available, a thick and a thin one. The painting has to be done within a specific time limit and the more detailed the work is, the more XP are rewarded at the end of the game.

The mini-game has nine different pictures, three of each difficulty (low, medium, high). Once a picture is finished for the first time with a rating of either “ok” or “smurfy” a new colour is unlocked that can be used to paint items in the village, hence with the nine different colours that need to be unlock and three colours pre-set there are twelve different colors available.

Unlocked colors by Painter Smurf
Item Unlocked Color
Papa Smurf Pink
Gift BoxYellow
Smurfette Green
Smurf HutMaroon
MushroomsDark Blue
CakeViolet
Lamp Post Brown
WellGrey
FlowersSky Blue

By tapping Painter Smurfs hut, those colours appear on the window of the right side of the display and tapping on it activates the colour. To paint an item in the village, just tap it and it takes the colour that was chosen before. Many items, especially the ones made of wood, like bridges, fences, etc., but also the mushroom houses, can be painted.
Painter Smurfs mini-game does not give that much XP (45 XP with a “smurfs” on the highest difficulty), so he is especially useful for those people who are mainly playing for the decorating part of the game, because he offers the feature to create a village in a unique style with ones favourite colours.

Painter Smurf’s Paint Packs

The Minor Mountain Update (version 1.3.9 on iOS) has added Paint Packs to the game to unlock new colours for Painter Smurf in the mainland (and the island via Architect Smurf) and boost the XP given from his Painting Mini-Game.
Every Paint Pack costs 10 Smurfberries and there are three available. The Basic Paint Pack, the Spring Paint Pack and the Summer Paint Pack.

They cost 10 Smurfberries each and unlock a total of 15 new colours (5 per paint pack). After the Paint Pack has been placed the colours will come available instantly, there is no need to unlock it via the mini-game as with the original colours.

Every Paint Pack can be bought multiple times and will give an XP boost of 20% each for Painter’s Mini-Game if placed near his hut.

The following colours are available in the individual Paint Pack

Related Articles:

0saves

Comments

1. C3po345 says:

They fixed the bug in the 1.1.7.1 update. Thank god.

• Matt says:

Anyone experienced no paint showing in screen when painting, On Android. Just noticed that there is no potion in the bottle either.

Have checked effects and restarted game etc

Thanks

Sometimes I experience this issue, too. I find it resets itself if I reboot my device. You might want to try doing that. I hope it works for you as well as it has worked for me.

2. Dorothy M says:

I just bought painter Smurf & no matter how perfect I paint I keep getting ‘poor’ rating, keep failing. 30 smurfberries are alot to waste on this when u can’t even play it. Can somebody help me?

This is a bug that came with the latest update. Please refer to our "Bugs & Solutions" page here: http://www.mysmurfsvillage.com/bugs-solutions/

• RebeccaW says:

it actually works better if you just tap dots of paint into the painting. They fixed the problem but i actually got it to not say it was poor a few times.

3. C3po345 says:

Hey guys! Guess what I did?

I sent beeline a form about the poor glitch, and this is what they said:

“We do apologize, and thank you for your bug report regarding this issue with Painter Smurf. We will share it with the developers who will look into it.”

Any idea what this means?

4. Goobermonkey says:

I'm having problems with my current phone (Samsung Galaxy) and think i may need a new one. Will I be able to recover my village on the new samsung galaxy? I am level 22 and very happy with my village and don't want to lose it or the smurf berries I put into it.

The Android system does not have an inbuilt backup system as it supports so many devices. Sometimes, the manufacturers offer their own backup software or you can use a third party app to backup your data.Then use the backup software to transfer the data to your new device.

5. dimemasso says:

How can I paint huts on the island?

6. Michelle says:

Hi smurfette I really need your help when I want to make potions some say I need alchemist smurf but I can’t find him WHAT DO I DO ?!!?!?

7. n4t4n13l4 says:

i just read about the bug! :(

8. Eric says:

Any tips on how to beat the well. I have tried the tap method and it helped with the house. But the well is the last one I am struggling with.

9. kutitang says:

Whenever I play my painter smurf mini game, the paintbrush is really sketchy when I draw and then no matter how perfect I paint I still get poor and no points. I did the update so what's up? Anyone else having this issue? Thanks

10. C3po345 says:

Actually, sometimes I can use the poor glitch as an advantage.
    See here: http://oi41.tinypic.com/33l2u8i.jpg

11. chris says:

when painter will be available on android ???

12. Eric says:

I got everything but the well and the house. No matter how good I do, I am unable to get a good on those 2.

13. Dinmor says:

My drawings get rated poor everytime, i play. And there’s something wrong with my colours, eh.

14. Dani says:

Hi

When will be available on Android? The same question is for Vanity Smurf…

15. ansoup says:

resolve : dot painting

16. Louise says:

I seem to have a problem with painter smurfs game since the update the colouring goes blotchy and I just keep getting poor and no xp : (, I’ve not long bought this game with smurfberries

17. Dimitra says:

After the last update all my paintings are rated poor and the paint is not smooth at all, it leaves marks!! Anyone else with the same problem?

18. nac says:

since i update my smurf..i played painter smurf every level it said poor…it that bugs?before update nothing happen like that…please help!!!

19. Marilyn says:

How do you get painter smurf to paint the items in the village. The directions say to touch the paint and then to touch the item you want painted. I can not get anything painted. What I am doing wrong, or what do I need to know that would help me?

When you click on his house, then choose a paint colour. After that you have to leave the window with the paint tubes open and click on the item. It won't work if you close the window with the colours.

20. painter says:

we love smurfs.

21. dale says:

nat painter. i paint it and the smurf village. just stay in the village, painter.

22. dale says:

well, to paint it.

23. I am awsum says:

When does painter smurf go on sale

As we are only an unofficial guide and not connected to Beeline, we do not know. But I doubt that all of the special smurf's will go on sale. For now only Tailor Smurf has ever been on sale and he will be on sale again with a future update because there was an error/bug. If the others ever come on sale is something we can just wait for and see as Beeline never announces things like that before they are available.

• On top of that: Last weekend, Farmer Smurf was on sale (20 sb i.s.o. 25) and Vanity Smurf is still on sale for coins i.s.o. smurfberries… So, there is hope… At least, I'm waiting a little longer to see if and which Smurf will be on sale next… Keep the fingers crossed!!!

Yes, and Beeline still has to put Tailor on sale again because of the bug that some people could not buy him, so it looks like the others might be on sale in the future as well. As for Vantiy, he has been on "sale" ever since he was released and I do not think it will change, because his "photo studio" is not really worth paying money for (at least that is my opinion)

• Totally agree with that!

And I really hope Beeline will put something else on sale, i.s.o. Tailor… REALLY don't care about 'hats'!!! But I would love to buy Painter Smurf. Not just for his ability to give things a new color, but also because I am sure my 3 year old son will love the simple drawing game…

24. dezzie says:

awesome awesome awesome awesome i luv it but i was wondering if u could paint the game houses cuz i cant but i thought u could help me ?

You can paint the rooftops of the "normal" mushroom houses, but not the bottom half and not the special houses like Smurfettes Hut, Miner's Mill etc.

25. ash says:

Hi! From reading through the comments I’ve noticed that painter smurf is not yet available on Androids (so unforunate!). I was wonderin how often updates are done? As the current update is a Christmas theme, I’d assume it would be relatively soon, but i was wondering if anyone knew an approximate time? as then maybe painter smurf might become available on android platforms in the next update (fingers crossed!) :D

The update cycle on the Apple iOS devices is 4 to 6 weeks, the next update is expected sometime in mid to end of January. The Android version did not have the same update cycle as this app was released about a year after the iOS version and the developers had to catch up with it. Now with the Christmas Update nearly all features (as far as I am aware all except Painter and Vanity) from the iOS version are on Android, so it is possible that both versions will now have the same update cycle. That would mean the next update for Android should come in January as well. But we can not yet be sure of this, because it will be the first time that both versions are about to get the same updates, so we just have to wait and see.

26. Brianna says:

Im at level 26 and still can not get painter surf or a couple of the others. I spend lots of money on berries to….someone please help

Are you using the Android version? The Android version has been caught up with the iOS version with the last update, but a couple of features, like Painter Smurf and Vanity Smurf, are not yet available there and you have to wait for Beeline to release those on Android. If you are using iOS, you should be able to get him.

27. Miriam Jorge says:

There is something wrong with my painters game. I have done the cake to perfection, but he keeps telling me Nice Try. Then, the light post, I've done very poorly, with out of the lines everywhere, but he gives me Tres Bien. How can this be fixed? I paid good money for him.

I am not having issues like that, so it is not a general problem. If it is a bug it needs to be fixed by Beeline, so I would advice to contact them about it. (support@beeline-i.com)

28. dawngowenlock says:

29. Smurfy Smurf Smurfy says:

Hi! I'm very disappointed, I don't like how painter paints the houses (I bought him for that) and I don't like ANY color as well… WHAT CAN I DO!? Help! Can I get a money or Smurfberries refund or they will change the way that painter paints soon? And some colors too. Please respond giving me a solution anybody!

30. P!ssed Smurf says:

I will not buy any Smurf berries until they treat both platforms the same. My wife has an iPad and can get everything including Painter Smurf. My my Android tablet it will not give me Painter or Vanity smurfs. They just released the "winter pack" yesterday.

I wasn't aware that Painter and Vanity are still not available, but at least most of the features (like Day and Night, Scaredy Smurf, Farmers Plant all etc.) are now also available on Android. And do not forget that the Android version was released a year after the iOS version, so there is a lot of catching up to do.

• Carley says:

My Android tablet will not let me get Vanity Smurf or Painter Smurf either. I'm not very happy about it because I played the Painter game on my mom's ipad and I love it! Do you know when it will be avalible?

31. Elly says:

I saw orange in another village too! How to get it, please?

There are some orange items you can get by playing the game Smurf's Grabber. There you can earn items and exchange them for the orange items for the Smurfs Village

32. George says:

Can you please tell me if there is a code or cheat to get orange paint because I have seen it on some of the featured villages and I really need it to paint my fences.

Please reply!

You guys are my only hope

No, there is no cheat to get orange paint, but there is a second Smurfs game from Beeline, called "Smurfs Graber". There you can earn items for your Smurfs Village, that includes orange fences, benches, tables etc.

• George says:

I’v got Smurfs Grabber but when can you unlock items for your smurfs village because I always check it out when I play it and I never see anything availabile

You already can do it. Do you have the latest version of Smurfs Grabber? If so, go to the shop (were you can trade the items for other items and upgrades) There is a third shop that has a list of the available village items.

33. Smurfy says:

Oh! Sorry, I didn't notice the table was given above. I have the paint the gift box to get yellow.

34. Smurfy says:

I am left with the last color, yellow. May I know what painting must I paint in order for me to obtain yellow? Thanks!

35. Jake Godbold says:

is there anyway you can make it to where we can hold the paint brush on the handle instead of the tip of the brush? It would be so much easier to paint, ESPECIALLY if you are using an iphone?

36. LoBuerez says:

How long do we have to wait to play painter smurfs' game? and do we get xp and coins? and about the painting, after I got one color, can i paint every house, or do I need to play the game one time for one house and so on?

You can use the color for as long as you want once you have unlocked them. Like all the other Mini Games everytime you play his games you get XPs and Coins, though it is not really that much.

37. Hmm yeah I've tried a few different ways but always get 'poor'. I've tried colouring all the green bushes, leaves with the fat brush then doing the finer flowers with the thin one and erasing as much around the bushes as I can. That got the message you need to be more careful with your paint. So then I tried not focussing on being precise but staying in the lines and just trying to get as much of the green bushes done as possible even if it was just a dot in each leaf and still got the same message. That time I didn't go out of the lines. I think my painter smurf has it in for me because it doesn't seem that hard for anyone else. I just want a good, don't care about Smurfy lol.

• Roxy says:

Well after many continuous tries I have finally got the “good” grade for flowers and now have completed my colour palette. Thanks for the tip! I found once I coloured in everything green and went from there I had more success.

38. I can't seem to paint the last flower one quick enough to get the sky blue colour. Does anyone have a tip/trick for getting through the hardest painting. I can do the well fine but I guess it's all those green leaves and bushes. It keeps telling me I'm doing a poor job and need to watch where I paint. I'm not going out of the lines any more then usual though. I know it's only one colour but I really want it lol. If only they'd increase the time a little. I personally think its too much to paint for that amount of time, then again I could be just slow. :) Any ideas from fellow smurfs would be great!

I usually start with doing a really rough job (that is going over the edges etc.) to get all colour done. After that, if there is still time I correct it a little bit, but it is more important to get all colours approximately to their place then being precise. That way I always get at least "Good"

• Sassette says:

I had the same problem too! This is what i did & after 2 tries I finally got it…start with the thick brush & do the green leaves below the flowers I waited till the end 2 do the little ones at the top with the fine brush, dont worry about getting paint on the flowers cuz ur gonna paint over that anyways, then i painted the flowers still using the thick brush then i use thin brush 2 do the 3 little blue spots, 2 yellow n middle of pink flowers & the little green leaves at top then I hurry & fix any out of lines if u use thick brush & start with leaves & then do flowers it shud get u a good enough score 2 unlock the blue, dont 4get 2 practice it while its cleaning cuz practice makes perfect well almost!! good luck smurf :) & have fun

39. annoyed says:

I think they need to pull thier finger out release all the iphone stuff onto android! its annoying that we have to suffer and wait when everyone else gets everything!! not happy! i really want painter smurf!

40. Aaron says:

I have the android version and am unable to get painter, is there a trick to get him?

• Handy_Smurf says:

I also have the android, with the iphone 4 and Vanity, Painter and Taylor smurf cannot be bought because the smurfs village game for android is really late on its updates so it might take a while before you can see them on the market, not even the beach is on the android :/

41. Katie says:

Yes, as of right now i have 148 of them. it doesnt have a price for painter smurf, just grayed out w/red letters saying "Currently not available."

Okay, that is really weird, I have never heard of a problem like that and although I have him since December 2010 I get tons of emails daily with problems that people are currently experiencing and that has never come up. There is a new update coming, the Game Center Icon has already changed, so it is expected today or tomorrow (for iOS that is). Maybe that fixes it, if not, contact Beeline. Also, do you use Android or IOS? Because I heard that Android has not yet gotten all of the features that iOS offers, so maybe it means that Painter Smurf can not yet be optained in Android. Altough if that is so, I do not understand why they would add him with this message instead of just adding him when he is available.

• Katie says:

Yes i do have an android, that may be the problem. I also am unable to get vanity smurf, it says the same thing (Currently not available). Hopefully they will be added soon, its killing me not to have painter smurf.lol.

• Peter Maltha says:

Smurf for Android gets you mental. All. The crashes and the same problems a descibed shows that the game is not ready for Android. Y

Just getting your cash.

I think it depends on the device you are using, just like when using older iOS devices you get lots of crashes it is possible that it is not working as well on all Android devices. You should contact Beeline (support@beeline-i.com) and let them now what problems you have and what device your are using so they can look into it.

• dave says:

I am having the same problem. I'm on Level 20

42. katie says:

I really want to buy painter scurf but it keeps saying currently unavailable. Do I need to get to certain level first? FYI: im on level 13.

• Lequitta says:

Painter smurf still isn’t available, and I’m on level 34.

Is there something that can be done, even the Feb 2012 update

Didn’t make it available. Yes, I have an android phone.

43. Belle says:

Is "good" the highest or theres even higher one?

44. Jamie says:

I just bought my painter smurf and i went to switch off the day/night mode to see the colours properly and MY VILLAGE RESTARTED! i was at level 28 but now im at level 1. It really makes me not wanna play anymore. Please help

45. bzad says:

This is a great website.

46. Anon says:

Is there anyway to revert a mushroom house back to the color it was before you painted it? D:

47. Cayce says:

Y'all misspelled color.

48. Mila says:

 We love painter smurf! 

49. Emily says:

this is by far the coolest smurf to buy. you can paint anything wooden and the houses plus it comes with a mini game.

50. Jessica says:

I think theses surfs are great! I cant wait until different surfs come to the village like smurfettes sister, Scott smurf, hunter smurf. I think they will be awesome my partner and I race each other to see who can make it to the next level first hes winning at then moment we buy smurf berries all the time please add some more surfs it will be great. Thanks