potter_icon Ver.: 1.5.3potter_iconVer.: 1.3.9a
Updated on: Apr, 09, 2014Updated on: Mar 18, 2014

May

Painter Smurf

Painter Smurf costs 30 Smurfberries and is stationary. He comes with a painting mini-game and the feature to change the colour of items in the village. The goal of the game is to recolour a black and white painting within a specific time. The original painting is displayed on the right side, and there are two pencils available, a thick and a thin one. The painting has to be done within a specific time limit and the more detailed the work is, the more XP are rewarded at the end of the game.

The mini-game has nine different pictures, three of each difficulty (low, medium, high). Once a picture is finished for the first time with a rating of either “ok” or “smurfy” a new colour is unlocked that can be used to paint items in the village, hence with the nine different colours that need to be unlock and three colours pre-set there are twelve different colors available.

Unlocked colors by Painter Smurf
Item Unlocked Color
Papa Smurf Pink
Gift BoxYellow
Smurfette Green
Smurf HutMaroon
MushroomsDark Blue
CakeViolet
Lamp Post Brown
WellGrey
FlowersSky Blue

By tapping Painter Smurfs hut, those colours appear on the window of the right side of the display and tapping on it activates the colour. To paint an item in the village, just tap it and it takes the colour that was chosen before. Many items, especially the ones made of wood, like bridges, fences, etc., but also the mushroom houses, can be painted.
Painter Smurfs mini-game does not give that much XP (45 XP with a “smurfs” on the highest difficulty), so he is especially useful for those people who are mainly playing for the decorating part of the game, because he offers the feature to create a village in a unique style with ones favourite colours.

Painter Smurf’s Paint Packs

The Minor Mountain Update (version 1.3.9 on iOS) has added Paint Packs to the game to unlock new colours for Painter Smurf in the mainland (and the island via Architect Smurf) and boost the XP given from his Painting Mini-Game.
Every Paint Pack costs 10 Smurfberries and there are three available. The Basic Paint Pack, the Spring Paint Pack and the Summer Paint Pack.

They cost 10 Smurfberries each and unlock a total of 15 new colours (5 per paint pack). After the Paint Pack has been placed the colours will come available instantly, there is no need to unlock it via the mini-game as with the original colours.

Every Paint Pack can be bought multiple times and will give an XP boost of 20% each for Painter’s Mini-Game if placed near his hut.

The following colours are available in the individual Paint Pack

Related Articles:

0saves

Comments

1. Chels Whitt says:

How do I get the purple roofs with the orange bats in my village? Do I have to have painter smurf?

2. Egd5 says:

Hello! Just wondering if all the colors from the paint packs are new or are some of the colors available on painter smurfs original palette? Because I'm seeing a brown color from the summer paint pack and brown is already available when you purchase painter smurf. Also, there are paint pots that you can purchase for 8 smurfberries, are the colors from the paint pots different from the paint packs as well?

3. Smurf 007 says:

My painter- smurf on the island doesn't work anymore. Is there anyone who knows the solution? Thanks!

Painter smurf on the is architect ;) He might not work because you don't have enough dye for the color you want (dye is required on the island to paint)

• Smurf 007 says:

I have enough dye (350). I tried it by the orange mushroom houses, it didn't work.

I have two houses in my island that I can not change anymore , all others work fine, so maybe it is only that particular mushroom house? In either case you should let Beeline know about this issue so they can further investigate it and know how many people are affected http://www.beeline-i.com/support.php

• Smurf 007 says:

Okay, thank you. It doesn't only work by the orange mushroom houses. The rest is fine..

Yeah, then it looks like you have the same bug as me. I have provided screenshots etc. to Beeline about this issue, but I do not think this is very high on their agenda as there are other bugs that are affecting more people but I also hope it will be fixed soon, it messes with the theme I have going on my island.

• Smurf 007 says:

Hihi thank you, typically a woman problem…, it messes with THE theme. I understand it has no priority but for me/us it 's very important.

4. MoSmurf says:

I had all the colors from Painter Smurf, but now the Brown, Grey, and Sky Blue have disappeared. I played the mini-games to get them back (even using smurfberries to bypass the time limit), but they still are gone. Anyone else having this problem?

5. Nehemiah says:

I dont have enough smurfberries to buy painter smurf

6. Hong says:

Notice that the painter smurf has new colour. Anyone knows how to unlock those colors?

7. Blaster says:

Do you know the painter smurf can coloring what kind of thing?
    The roofs of the mushroom house
    The long and the short wood bridges
    The fences (there are 3 kinds of fences)
    The chairs (there are 2 kinds of fences)
    And then whats again?

Thank you!

Thats mainly it, wooden items like the fences and bridges and the mushroom houses (the condo's as well) he used to be able to paint the haystack, but that was a bug and has been fixed

8. phoebe bella mcliver says:

i love baby smurf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Tom says:

jjust purchased painter smurf.
    its ok BUT! when I paint a hut the white part of the roof is gonna be pinky if I paint any colour on in!
    anyone realised that too ?
    2nd thing is : 1 of the leg and twis of the LONG bridge always stays the original (brown) colour doesnt matter what color im using.
    painting is perfect on the SMALL brige!

• Tom says:

yesterday I contacted beeline and they said they gonna forward the issue to the developer.Who is the developer???

The developers are the programmers who write the code for the game. Beeline offers moore than one game, so the reference was that the tecnical support person who answered your ticket didn't have the answer (probably because they haaven't seen the problem before) and escalated the issue to the group who writes the code for this game.

10. tyemilo says:

Does painter smurf provide die? Like how timber provides wood and miner provides stone??

11. smurfetta says:

I leave painters window open after choosing a colour but it still wont paint, i also have a ton of dye and no idea how to dye stuff plmk! Also i tried buying a berry bush, and offers if theowl tree and dye pack and the droid birthday bot and although my card debited i got no berries no owl no dye and no bot! Opened a ticket as on flipping back to the game all my newly planted crops had withered and now i cant buy the bush or 125 or 50 berry packs. Sketchy replies are all i get. Would also like vanity hes so cool lol

It is only a few things that you can paint in the main village but you ar edoing the right thing leave the window with al the colors open then you only need to tap on the huts and they are supposed to change color

12. john says:

How much extra xp do the paint cans add for painter smurf?

13. Lau says:

When buying Painter Smurf , it says that it "includes 6 players pictures". Can someone explain to me what that means please??

This simply means when you purchase him, you have 6 icon images you can use as your profile pic when you tap on the menu on the top left hand corner of the screen.

14. Mary says:

I can play the game, but there is no colour coming from the brushes – it sort of defeats the purpose as you can not see what you are doing.

• Dreamy Smurf says:

Tap the brush you want, then tap the colour you want in the bottom right corner then start painting.

15. gpoly7 says:

I bought the painter smurf and when i play the minigame, i cannot draw anything. i change brushes and colours but i cannot draw. i play on a samsung tab2 10.1. if i play the minigame and the time pass, i get SMURFY and unlock the colours.. but still i want to play draw them

16. gpoly says:

I bought the painter smurf but when i play the mini gamei cannot draw anywhere..i change brushes and colours bat it doesnt darw anything

• Steven says:

When i played the painting game yesterday, all was good.
      I try to do the same today and it seems to be bugged right now.
      Not only does the brush appear above my finger (not a device problem but a game problem), but since today its not painting at all. I tried to change color and brush, even changed between the paintings, but no luck. Closing the game completely and restart did not help either.

I didn't really buy this smurf for the xp it gives (being extremely extremely shamefully low!!!! ), but for the deco possiblities. But costing 30 berries I do expect it to work properly.

Rebooting your device regularly helps keep things working as they should. Also, using a stylus gives better control. Try also experimenting with having your sound on and then off to see if that effects how accurate the painting works. Try the same thing with effects.

• Lovasnocy says:

I tried everything, but still not working… I can choose the color and the pen, I can tap the screen, and there is a l circle (above my finger, but that's not the point), indicates where it should paint, but no colors appear in the painting.
          I can play the game, I can get XPs on the lower levels, but I cannot see what I'm actually doing… It's pretty annoying. I restarted the game, rebooted the phone, turned the sounds and effects on and off. There was even an update since, but it didn't solve the problem.

I haven't heard of this problem with the mini game. What device/OS are you using? It might be time for a ticket to Beeline: http://beeline-i.com/support.php

17. nannysmurf1 says:

do u need dyes to paint things?

18. Laly says:

As I was playing the game today, I went to the mountain and when I came back, painter missing and now it's asking me to spend 30 sbs AGAIN to get it. What?

What do I do pls?

19. Blah says:

25xp for the hard pics? Your kidding me when will you change it to more xp and it cost 30 smurfberries!! Plus add more color's and pics for us to color!

20. DJ e 71 says:

Does anyone know if the paint cans for Painter Smurf add different shades of the colours he has. I have 12 colours already. Do I need to get these cans of paint?

21. Natalia Polska says:

that because I have lvl 25!

22. mustangsally97 says:

they should make it so painter can paint more things such as playground equipment or beach chairs, flags etc..

23. Sammy says:

Which special smurf that costs sbs is the best?

24. Henry says:

when i play the game wherever i tap the screen to paint with the brush it doesn't paint where my finger is, it paints a good bit above my finger i'm wondering if this is a bug or something? anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

25. freemanator says:

Contacted beeline over adding the colour orange, hopefully I shall receive a positive response!

26. Iceytoes says:

I couldn't find Painter Smurf so looked on this site. After reading that it cost 30 sb, I don't want him anymore. So this means I cannot use Architect Smurf now either.

27. huskydog says:

When do you get painter smurf?

28. Laura says:

Paid 30 Smurf berries for this. Very disappointing. Hard to use and very little XP. Don’t waste your Smurf berries!

29. Smurfy<3 says:

2 Questions – 1 – when is the next update? And, do you know if Painter Smurfs Hut will disappear after the next update? Because a lot of people have expericened this problem? Thanks

Beeline's update is once every 4 to 6 weeks….as for Painter Smurf, he shouldn't disappear unless there is a bug. Are you facing this error?

30. em says:

I have painter smurfs hut. Since the recent update the brushes do not work properly. They pause before they start to paint, and the delay usually sees the brush no where near where you think you are painting. I have to pick the most simple picture to paint to actually achieve a picture. Does anyone else have the same problem? It’s a bit disappointing as I purchased the smurfberries to buy this mini game. Looking forward to your response on this matter.

• nannysmurf1 says:

have bug 2! brush not in right place, messes me up.

It isn't really a bug. Many touch screen systems arent that finely calibrated. I find the game works a little better when I use a stylus. If your device supports the use of a stylus, you may want to see if the game is a bit easier using one.

31. sevda says:

i bought painter but it disappear!i dont know what happen!

i guess you are using android based system. But in any case, in my opinion you need to restore you village to an earlier progress you may find it. In order to restore you village please follow the steps in this page http://goo.gl/rsg3m

32. Donna says:

How do you chang the color of thing?

You have to buy Painter first. Select a colour and tap some items like houses, benches,…

33. Ron says:

I have built a mushroom shed for my house. However I can only color the house but not the mushroom shed. Is it a bug? Thanks.

34. Stellos says:

Pls do a painter smurf sale! I want him but not going to pay 30 sb for him!

35. Donna says:

I can't find painter smurf anywhere

36. Kristina says:

Hi, I want to buy Painter smurf, but I don’t know which items you can change the colour? Is it just the huts you can change the colour of? Or is it everything? Can you leave a list of things that you can change the color of? Thanks :) x

37. MckNdm says:

Why a Painter Smurf's not available to anroid?

38. Smurfettashomegirl says:

Hey. Quick question. I don’t want to reset my iPhone or anything but when it come down to painter smurf, I haw all the colors, although where the white is meant to be, another grey has replaced it. I have two of the same color greys.

I was just wondering is there anything I could possibly do to fix this without possibly losing my village? I’m at level 25, and I’m more than scared to do so and it’s the best game I’ve ever played.

Sorry for the long message…

39. Anthony says:

My white turned gray and that was one color that I want how do I fix it?

40. D smurf says:

Miss having white now but I do like the fact the colors look better in this update. Some of them were very dull especially when applying to the houses.

41. Kristismurf says:

We lost the white color after the last update. We unlocked all the colours but we have now three kind of blue but it would be better to have less of blue and restaure the white… How to do that ? Thanks a lot in advance.

The color thing is a glitch. We are waiting for answers from Beeline regarding this.

Yes I lost white too… Everything that I had painted white has returned to its original colour!! Nightmare

• Kristismurf says:

Thanks for your answers, I feel less alone… I've exactly the same problem than you, Smurfette : all the items I'd painted white returned to its original colours…

42. Amanda says:

When is painter and Vanity Smurf is going to be avilable to Anroid?

43. blackkittycat01 says:

Do anyone know if Painter Smurf will go on sale and is he worth paying for?

No one knows for sure, only Beeline. But if you like having your village in different colors other than the standard ones, then Painter Smurf is a must get.

• Tina says:

I love painter smurf I've been addicted to this game forever the best thing about having painter smurf is being able to change the color of your village anytime you want it's like changing your outfit. Totally worth it

44. Sarah says:

What about the colour orange?!! Great game, highly addictive!

45. danyell says:

I'm on level 21 I have a lot of people even on the island but painter and vanity still aren't available. When can I expect to get them.

46. Jenn says:

Can you return items to their original color once you have painted them? I can’t seem to figure out how if you can.

On the dialog where u select the paint, there is a red rag at bottom u can select to clean the paint.

47. C3po345 says:

For a Smurfy rating, it says:
    "Magnifique! That/Those *whatyoupainted* were a real masterpiece-zza! That/Those are some lovely *whatyoupainted*!"
    For Good, it says:
    "Tres bien! That/Those *whatyoupainted* was very close to perfection!"

48. Janvier says:

And my patience has been awarded!!! Now 5 smurfberries off on Painter Smurf! And my son (3 1/2) LOVES the painting game…

But for the XP you don't have to do it… Only a few XP (like 20-30 XP) for a painting every 6 hours… That's really ridiculous… Come on Beeline?!?!?!

49. Smurfy King says:

Hi, I am a new player, level 8, so I am not leveled a lot.
    However, it seems that on Android, Painter and Vanity is currently not avaliable.
    Why is this happening?
    Also, I currently have 0 smurfberries.
    How can I get more smurfberries except the shop and Jokey?
    I even don't have 200 gold.

Painter and Vanity are available on apple device only. Game for apple came out almost a year before android so beeline is still porting the game from apple to android. You get some free smurfberries when you level up or sometimes jokey will give you one but it's rare. Special characters require smurfberries but you can play the game without them. It will take a little longer but doable and many people have done it. Beeline wants you to buy smurfberries so they can pay for game development and running the game friend server. This is a slow game and requires patience. I've been playing since late 2010.

50. NKULatino says:

Any Ideas on when Painter Smurf will be offered for cheaper smurfberries like the others? I really want to get him next, but waiting on that offer to come up on him. Smurfberries are like gold, and I don't want to waste 30 of them if he will be available later for cheaper! Thanks for everything! I love this site!

Only Beeline will know which item will go on sale. The swing is currently the latest sale item.