icon Ver.: 1.9.0iconVer.: 1.5.0.a
Updated on: November 18, 2014Updated on: November 19, 2014

Nov

Grandpa Smurf

Grandpa Smurf was introduced to the smurfs village in Thanksgiving 2012 update where he was featured as the main character.  He  is only available in the mountains and can be found at level 25.  After a series of quests from Papa Smurf to make a hot air balloon and  fly to the mountains. He is not stationary and works similar to Papa Smurf on the mainland, that is he gives out quests and walks around the mountain village. Whenever he has  quest for you, a yellow exclamation mark will pop up over his head, if you tap him, he will tell you what to do in the mountains. His quests are similar to papa Smurfs ones so whenever you complete them you earn XP.

Grandpa Smurfs Hut is also available in the mountains to build. It costs 30 Smurfberries and gives XP rewards for all the gems that have been placed in the mountains. The gems are available as rewards from digging in the mountains, for more information please read the article about the mountains article.

Comments

1. cosmickitten says:

Anyone know if Grandpa is buggy since the last update? I'm currently building the carousel and alongside Grandpa has asked me to dig up his socks. I've been digging, 20 plots at a time, virtually continuously for 6 days now and still nothing. I've never had to do more than 3 rounds of digging before to find an item. Anyone else had something similar lately?.

There have been reports of people having a harder time to find what Grandpa Smurf is asking for as well as people finding a lot of keys instead of the item Grandpa wants. But there is no solution to this except to keep digging and trying to find it or to wait for beeline to fix this.

• Scottpot says:

I have been asked to find socks but all I keep finding are his long johns. Must be a bug because nothing else usually shows apart from the task item.

This quest has a bug and hopefully Beeline will fix it soon. Until then, the only thing you can do is ignore Grandpa.

2. Stephanie says:

how many times do you have to harvest acorns before he tells you to do something else

3. chantel says:

grandpa is telling me to bif for his ear hor i dug about ten times already and it still never came up!!!?? what do i do??

You have to keep digging. Sometimes, it takes many digs to uncover what he wants.

• ALB says:

I'm having a similar issue. Grandpa is asking for a sock, but the black book keeps coming up….over and over again. Glitch?

That sounds like a glitch. Usually the only items retrieved by digging are wood, coin, dye, stone, gems, or the actual item Grandpa is seeking. I've never retrieved long johs or glasses when he was seeking a key (for example). Please open a trouble ticket on this at http://beeline-i.com/support.php

4. Wed says:

I have already built One staircase before Grandpa smurf asked me to, then when he asked me to build a one I built the other one and the quest isn't complete yet. What should i do?

The stairs lead to a different area on the mountain than where the original stairs are built. It sounds as if you may not have put the stairs in the correct location. Look to the right of the watchtower, and see if you can put the stairs on that side of the mountain.

• Wed says:

I built the first one already and Grandpa smurf's quest says " pt.1 " and I've already built the second one. The third and the fourth one are still building

5. R.B says:

Grandpa smurf is telling me" I need to find my quill pen so I can write a strongly-worded letter to those nearby noisy dwarves" what Is he exactly asking me to do?

6. Anne says:

Grandpa smurf keeps asking for acorns.
    l have planted acorns and havested them 3 times ie 3 days worth of time and still he requests more acorns.
    How do l move on to the next quest???

You can't, you have to complete the quest. Have you made sure that you clicked "ok" on Grandpa Smurf's task? Also, sometimes he ask for a specific number of crops, I have had him ask me for 16 cherries once.

7. Cat says:

In level 26, Grandpa smurf say, little smurflings, I seem to have misplaced little black book. If I find it , don't open it. Please help me

8. Hin says:

Every time when I tries to collect Xp from Grandpa house, it kick me back to the home screen. I cannot collect the Xp for a week already….

• Kacey says:

Try to relocate Grandpa house until you can collect Xp from it, for me this method is work.

• Ben says:

I had the same problem. Once I put most of my crystal sin storage I could collect xp

• Quincampois says:

Same glitch for me as everebody any solutions?

• Marissa says:

I have the same problem. It is very frustrating because I get a lot of experience from the crystals. I have tried putting crystals in storage, taking crystals out of storage, and moving Grampa Smurf's hut. Nothing has worked for me. Hopefully it will be fixed with the upcoming update.

9. Linzib says:

Where is grampa's quill?? Any help at all.. Sick of digging all the time to no avail :(

It doesn't matter where you dig, just that you dig. You have to keep digging to find it.

10. Smith says:

I found all 5 stones. And grampa smurf still asking me to find the jade. I have more then 55 stones. I have all the stones and then some. Please help I'm ready to erase this game it's so frustrating .

It is possibly a buggy quest. Open a ticket with Beeline Support at http://beeline-i.com/support.php and, in the meantime, ignore the quest and play the other aspects of the game until you hear back from Beeline. If it is a buggy quest, then you'll have to wait for a fix from Beeline.

11. Anna says:

I have found all 5 stones and grampa smurf still asking me to find the gem. Please help. I have more then 100 stones.

I provided an answer to your other comment. Please in the future do not submit duplicate comments. All comments go into a queue where an admin must review, answer, and approve them. Submitting duplicate comments just takes time away from others who are asking for help. We appreciate your cooperation and patience with our process.

• Jill says:

Anna, you have to collect it after you get the quest, I just solved that problem myself.

12. Dan says:

Does Grandpa Smurfs hut still give 25 xp for each crystal in storage? I saw a lot of people complaining about how it no longer does that after the last update, I just wanted to make sure it was fixed before I buy his hut and blow 25 berries on it.

Yes, his hut gives xp for crystals in storage. There was an issue when the storage crystal was first introduced, but that issue has been fixed. You shouldn't have any issues.

13. mary says:

I am at level 41 and grandpa smurf asks to dig up a crystal. I have dug up many but he doesn’t acknowlege them. Do I need to dig a particular crystal or is this just another bug?

He wants a specific crystal, just keep digging the task will complete eventually

• Breebee says:

I have been having the same problem I have dug up all 5 crystals since the quest came up, some repeatedly, and he does not acknowledge them. I think this must be part of the new grandpa bug people are talking about.

14. Kaitlyn says:

How do you dig up the crystal I have been stuck for ages

You need to purchase a shovel with coins for each dig, and you have to dig multiple times until you find it. All of the Grandpa quests except for shrub crop requests are fulfilled by digging.

15. Maseyla says:

Grandpa said that if find his little black book dont open it..its a private matter..the problem is how can i find the little black book?..i cant find any!!

You need to dig to find it. It will probably take multiple digs. All of Grandpa's quests except for the shrub crop requests are fulfilled by digging to find what he asks for.

• CMK says:

Have you found it? I have (by digging several times) but he still says if you find his little black book not to open it?!?! Can someone tell me why???

Have you tried tapping 'OK'? If you have located the book, tapping on it should complete the quest.

16. mariellesmurf says:

When will grandpa smurf find out what to build next? I’ve been waiting for 2 months now, and nothing is happening…

Do not bother tapping on the windmill or watch tower other than to get your weekly smurfberries. He currently only issues out random quests when you tap on him. There is no new quests from him at the moment.

17. Maya says:

I have been digging 20 times a day for the last 10 days looking for the amethyst and nothing. I found some rocks but nothing purple. I am getting tired of this quest. Please help me!

18. Ezza says:

I need a comb how to find?

19. Kathryn says:

How do I find Grandpas magnifying glass?

20. brigitta says:

should i keep digging? grandpa smurf said "not in my pocket. not in my beard. i swear i had that key somewhere.

21. Vivi says:

Grandpa smurf asked me to dig up a crystal
    What crystal am I suppose to dig up???

He is looking for a specific one. I can not say which, but just keep digging, when you find the correct one the task will complete.

22. Kamila says:

How do I find the comb grandpa smurf is looking for??

Eyerything Grandpa Smurf is looking for can be found by digging in the mountains, though it might take a while until you find the correct item.

23. Vhod tón says:

I bought grandpa hut and I get only 20 xp. I have a lot of gems in my storage. Do i need to place all gems in the mountain? Or it is a bug? I am pretty disapointed. I spent a lot of smurfberries for nothing.

There should be small xp numbers over every crystal you have in the mountain so look carefully next time you tap on the hut

24. Leighann says:

I recently got papa smurfs quest to find his long John, in which I dug and found them but now papa Smurf is now questing that I give them to him… How do I manage this?

it should be that he accept it when you open the gift box and find them if not try to find the long johns agian

25. Deco 9xs says:

my storage crystal is full can i place another 1 or is 1 the max?

26. Um essa says:

Hi, in level 32 where I will find the pyrite ?

27. Daddy smurf says:

Every since the last update I’ve lost half my smurfs on my montains so nw I have like 15 huts and 6 smurfs help me I’m on level 41

Probably the only way to get them back is to restore your village data to a date prior to the update. Here is what to do: from the blue Play menu, tap Options. Then tap Papa Smurf's head 16 times. When it appears, tap Recover Village. You can preview each file and choose the one with the correct number of smurfs. Overwrite your village with the file.

28. ali says:

where i can found Grandpa smurf black book

29. sweet says:

when i was young smurfs studied everything from the plants to the stone. find my magnifying glass and i'll teach you.. what is the answer

30. Tween1248 says:

Grandpa wants me to find his long johns. Where do I find them

31. Flavia says:

What’s a PYRITE?????

Please…. Help me!!!!!

Pyrite is Fool's Gold. It is a gold crystal. You need to dig for it until you locate it.

32. NNEB says:

Grandpa smurf has stopped working he asked to find a gem , I have but he's still asking the same thing stuck!

Have you found all five colors? Without knowing which quest you're solving, it is hard to know if you found the correct gem.

33. tink.sf says:

Since the latest update March 1 the mountain has not been working! Grandpa's hourse only now only gives me 20 XP instead of 20XP plus XP for the hundreds of crystals I've stored!!! In addition, all I get are $10 and 10XP when ever I dig. No longer is worth going on the moutain!

Please report this to Beeline at their support portal at http://beeline-i.com/support.php

34. Christian says:

Grandpas tell me that the mountain has a lot of AMETHYST and i need to find the right place to found it. i dont know what to do. please HELP me. Thanks

35. Mirela says:

I have also this problem…
    I spent lots of many but nothing…why?

36. Uncle Doodles says:

I have been digging for days to find jade. How do I find it? I have spent about 9000 coins and still can't find it.

37. Deco 9xs says:

is there another expansion planned for the mountains soon cause im running out of room soon?

38. Natalie says:

I have all the colors crystals and still the quest for TOPAZ is still there? Is there anything can be done? Is it a bug? It has been 2 months already.

39. Angleyez423 says:

How can I arrange my playground to get the most coins out of it? I know huts are worth the most so huts and sand, but what's a good layout? How far away can the huts be to earn from them? How many sandboxes will fit in between before it won't reach the hut?

40. Bju says:

Hello, new update is out. Is 'harvest 30 tulips' quest fixed? Is it possible to plant tulips one after another 30 times? Thx

41. Queenie says:

Grandpa smurf asked me to dig up topez and I put shovels out 15 times and I still have no luck
    I seen people writing down that they can't find topez
    Is this one of those bugged quest?

It could be. I just answered another player's question that IRL topaz can be several different colors. If you find all five colored gems and the quest is still registering unfulfilled, then ignore it and play a different part of the game.

42. ghalia says:

how can i find the socks of grandpa??

43. Vic says:

Grandpa smurf always asks me to harvest one shrub of acorns
    I did the quest registered but grandpa smurf asks the same thing again!
    Is this normal? Or is it bugged?

This quest is constantly requested by him…I don't think it's a bug..unless you are getting this quest like 10 times in a row…then maybe something's wrong.

44. IronFootBoy says:

How do I find grandpa's ear horn I have used smurfberries and coins for months and still haven't found it? Please help me

You would dig for it, but if you're digging and digging with no success, it could be a buggy quest. Open a ticket with Beeline Support and ask if it is a bug, so that you know if you should continue digging or if you should ignore Grandpa until a fix is released. Here is their address: http://beeline-i.com/support.php

45. jessieke says:

wat wordt hier bedoeld
    I can`t nap comfortably without my trusty lucky sharm

46. opiumdude says:

Is the task of finding a beard-polishing crystal of Grandpa Smurf bugged? I've been digging for quite some time and got several types of crystals already but the task hasn't been accomplished yet. Is he looking for a particular type of crystal?

There are five colors: white/clear, yellow, red, green, and purple. If you have already collected all five and the quest isn't registering complete, then I would agree it is a bug. You will need to ignore the quest for now, and we suggest you register the issue with Beeline at http://beeline-i.com/support.php

• christine says:

I've got the same problem. He keeps asking me a crystal and I'have digged many so far…

If you have found one of all five colors (white/clear, red, green, yellow, purple), the quest is buggy and you should abandon it for now. You might want to report it to Beeline at http://beeline-i.com/support.php in case they aren't already aware of it. Until they issue a fix, you will need to ignore Grandpa's quests for now.

47. Pb says:

How do I get papa smurf his long Johns for his hike. I have already dug them up but where did they go?

48. Emz says:

Hi

Dig up a crystal- I’ve been digging lots but cnt find anything anyone got any clues?

There are several colors: white/clear, purple, red, yellow, and green. Have you found at least one of every color? Usually, you need to dig until you find the one Grandpa wants. If you have found one of each color and he still asks, there may be a bug with the quest.

49. Dabla says:

Is grandpa smurfs hut worth the 30 smurfberries??

Yes, imho. Every crystal you place around Grandpa's hut earns 25 xp per day.

• Supersweet says:

I did for the long johns, but grandpa is still asking for them even after i already dug them up!

Hmm. Sounds like a buggy quest. If you've already found them, you should ignore Grandpa's quest and play the other aspects of the game. You may want to open a ticket with Beeline to let them know about this problem: http://beeline-i.com/support.php

50. Someone says:

I have much crystals and just That quest isn't complete