Ver.: 1.5.7iconVer.: 1.4.4a
Updated on: July 19, 2014Updated on: Jul 17, 2014

Mar

Messages in a bottle and Totem Pole

With version 1.1.8 (second island update for iOS) it is possible to get a message in a bottle. According to Beeline, it will wash ashore about once every week and give tasks, which, when completed within a week will give rewards.  It was claimed earlier this week that few  Smurfs’ village players  were able to get their message in a bottle but most of them they have manipulated time (time cheat), which is not recommended. However many other players have just got  the message in a bottle in their islands,  with  a list of quests.

According to our believed and Beeline representative Bethany Smith a message in a bottle will wash up on the shore of the island roughly every 168 hours (One week). When you tap on the Bottle you will be given several tasks that are chained together. You must complete all of the tasks within the six day time limit.

Once you have completed all the tasks, you will be given a gift. The gift could contain your first piece of the Totem Pole. If you don’t finish the tasks in the time allowed, you will have to try again when the next bottle appears.

The quests  can be long where you will be asked for example to grow 123 Cantaloupes, or 123 tomatoes,  but they are rewarding and you may get up 1000 gold Coins, as well as you can get  a part of the totem pole. Many players are claiming that they  could not place the part of totem pole (dog’s head) , it just disappeared after the gift was opened.

At the moment we are not sure  how this works, but we think that you  will not be able to place  the  totem pole until you will get all the parts.

The Totem Pole has been seen in screenshots and advertised by Beeline has a new feature that allows one to control the rain on the island.

Message in a Bottle quests glitches (V.1.1.8)

Many players are experiencing the latest in a series of glitches with the bottle quests, including me(Poet) and Brainy Smurf. For eg, one of your quests might be to harvest 50 eggplants. However, if you exit the game and come back to the island again, you might find that your quest has been changed to harvest 150 eggplants instead! Also, completing these bottle quests might not necessarily get you parts of the totem pole. Players have reported that some of the rewards are just gold and xp, or normal decorative stuff. We are hoping Beeline can rectify these glitches as soon as possible. – Poet Smurf

Comments

1. Tome says:

Dunno

2. X-Caper says:

I have had the MIAB Quests since they came out and I only have three pieces of the totem pole. The last several quests were only for a bench. Anyone else have this problem or know how I can get the fourth piece without using SB?

There is no guarantee to get a piece to the totem pole in every MIAB you need to have some luck and patient

3. Grinandberit says:

I keep getting notifications that I have a message in the bottle waiting for me but there never is. I’m level 18. I shouldn’t be getting the bottles right? Lately it’s been happening every time I close the app.

It is a bug and i had that problem too with one of my villages but suddenly the notification ended

• Dylan says:

First of all it's not a bug it's just normal, the bottle is there but you can't open it because it's at your island which you are only able to get to from lvl 19.

4. 80884Sti says:

What’s with this stupid green bench? MIAB for a green bench? I can see maybe once but I’m on my second green bench in a row. My girlfriend last week got a green rocking chair and this week a green bench. I thought the prizes were suposed to be something cool? I understand you can’t buy these items in the game so I guess that makes them special but who really wants a green bench? I still need two pieces for clockwork and for the totem pole and for two weeks I get a green bench. When I get a special piece then the bottle dissapears. Bug? I’d say more rigged. At least it has been working the last few weeks do I guess I’ll just fill my island with green benches. Lol

5. Emily says:

Send me friend request in gc I need bolts my name is Dreamkechter

6. Cams says:

grrrrr, my MIAB was working after the Tracker update but with the Brainy update it disappeared again >: /

7. Painter smurf says:

A message in a bottle says that I have to send a raft for 24 hrs. I did already but the quest isn't complete yet.( I used the 24 hr raft that has an item chance of 20%). Now I'm sending 1 stone raft, 1 wood raft and 1 dye raft. Am I doing the quest correctly?

It should work with the ordinary 24 h rafts if the bottle ask for that but wait and se if you finish the task with the other rafts

8. Emma says:

Marco smurf that did not work… Notifications are still saying i have a message in a bottle that just washed up on shore?!!?!?!?

9. Emma says:

I am connected to the internet 247

10. Fran says:

I only have two totem's pieces. There will be more pieces in the MIAB? How can I finish the totem?

11. Emma says:

HELP!!!! I am playing on my ipod i have updated to the latest version and i was on facebook then a alert poped up saying mesage in a bottle has washed up on your island. I go to the island an i look its not there so i ho to my home screen then the message keeps poping up and i go to it and nothing is there!!! What do i do???!?!?!? Help!!! Im on level 16- 91%

12. Magiclollyl says:

My problem exactly

13. Magiclollyl says:

I don’t have the island but every 5 seconds a notification comes up saying there is a MIAB how do I get these to disappear?

14. jokeyheresasurprisekablowey says:

I’m only on level 15, so naturally I can’t see the MIAB, which is fine. What isn’t fine, is that the notifications for them keep coming every time I close the game.

15. Gixxerchic says:

Does anyone know if this last update (with Tracker) has fixed the MIAB bugs where the bottles disappears (along with the smurf)?

16. Delsuki says:

Why the bottle is missing, when i go to from island to mainland

17. Miranda Smurf says:

Every Friday I get a notification that says a message in a bottle has washed up on my island but when i look at my smurf village there isnt one there!! What can I do

18. Lizann says:

Having had 3 miab quests disappear halfway through, the latest one showed up as the boat approached the island, but had vanished by the time I was able to play! I have one piece of totem, is this a ploy by beeline to get us to buy the rest for a huge amount of smurfberries?

you can play without totem pole because it doesnt don anything to help speed up the game. It only makes rain and lightning. Cool to look at but it has nothing to do with the game.

19. Shannonball4 says:

I am so sick and tired of these MIAB requests. I should have completed my totem at least four times over by now instead I have one totem piece and a bench. It is apparent at this point that they are never going to be able to fix them so please just give us our totem poles and get rid of these quests. I am to the point where I don’t even want to play anymore because I continually get screwed over every time I get one of these requests.

Shanon, the problem with Miab is common, this may happend to you if you updated to the version 1.2.2.2, where there was problem with the MIAB.

20. xrobotlove says:

29 magic honeydew and 129 cantaloupes- that is a ridiculous amount of coins and time. So my question is, WHY do we want to control the rain? Are there any benefits at all? I didn’t think the rain had anything to do with game productivity..?

21. aml says:

Is the bug fixed in android latest version?

22. Adam says:

Why when I do the first challenge on miab it disappears when I go to do the next challenge?

23. Mrrgbg says:

Grrr. I did not know about bug was not fixed so last night I saw a MIB and it was for a totem piece, I began it, wasted 2 smurfberries to get it started and now the bottle disappeared. Beeline should give us all either smurfberries, a totem piece, or a free piece to clockwork smurf by offering us a choice for all of this frustration.

24. SLA says:

Where do I find dye rafts? task from marco smurf to collect some dye for a new captain's hat, and I am asked to send out 2 rafts to collect dye. I have send out many rafts, but do not know how to get dye. Help please!!! thanks!

25. Adrianne says:

My bottle has disappeared before completing the first quest every week for about 4 or 5 weeks. Is this happening to many others?

26. Tim Ross says:

I keep getting bottle quests, I start them and within a day or two they disappear. Answers??

27. Chris says:

I have the following problems:

Totem pole shows that still 1 part is missing (but I did not have any quests for getting parts in the last two or three weeks) though it looks complete to me. . It offers me to complete for 100 smurfberries. This is crazy.

The bottle arrives every friday but when I start the first task it vanishes again. Can anybody confirm a connection between the vanishing bottle and the defunct totem pole?

Also, I would love to find a way to delete the soccer field again – if sb can help?

28. Jennsales88 says:

Hi all, I have added lots of friends, I send bolts everyday and no one is bothering to send them back! :( also..I have lost MIB 3times now! And I couldn't complete the totem pole thingy, I got the dog head, and then the rest never came,it was coins or a decorative item! Anyway if you would like bolts daily please add me.. Jennsales88 on GC.. I would like bolts back please :)

29. Meryana says:

Help!!! I just send 1 smurf to complete the bottle quest but suddenly when I came back to my island, the bottle gone.. Disappear and no more.. Do my smurf also diappear? How to fix this? :(

Ignore bottle quest for now because the bug still there and beeline hasnt fixed it for about 5 weeks now. Your smurf will come back when the quest expires.

• Meryana says:

How to ignore the bottle quest? Means that no need to do the bootle quest? Anyway thanks brainy.. :)

30. Catherine says:

I JUST LOST MY MIB AGAIN!!!! I'm starting to get really mad!!!! This is like the THIRD FREAKING TIME!!!

31. Gaby says:

Stupid messages in a bottle! They still disapear in one of the messages!!!!! I have the newest update!!!

32. Marilou says:

Im facing a weird problem, i always get the bottle but the last two times the bottle dissappers in the middle of the quest? :(

The bottle can disappear. It's a glitch that Beeline is aware off. Ignore it for now.

• Kim says:

I have the same issue, bottle, then no bottle! I also keep losing my ability to access the east part of the island! And why does my poll only have a dog head!?

The bottle can disappear so you should ignore it for now.
        You must place the right stair at right place. (longer one at the beach side)

33. Pinky says:

I am on Android and we just got the update to Sporty Smurf yesterday. On the island I was working on the message in a bottle quests before the update. My message in a bottle disappeared after I purchased the soccer stadium. Has this happened to anyone else? I was working on getting a blueprint for Handy.

34. Muggeltier says:

Hey Little Smurflings, need and give bolts everyday! Please add: MUGGELTIER

35. Elena says:

How do I get the island,? I’m on level 19!

36. Lesley says:

did I mention my MIAB SMURFS ARE ALSO MISSING WITH THE BOTTLE,
    9lives3

37. Lesley says:

MY MIAB HAS DISAPPEARED FOR A SECOND TIME AFTER FINISHING FIRST QUEST AND STARTING THE NEXT, SENDING A SMURF OUT,

I could recover my village with the bottle but I'll lose Xp, money and gifts from friends. This is not good enough.
    I'll never fish my robot
    Frustrated! 9lives3

38. Vijay says:

Hi,

I keep getting my message on a bottle quests. They say as normal, you have the five days or whatever it was to complete all quests. The past 3 bottles I have gotten I would start the first quest on the first day, then when I would go back, the bottle was gone and I wouldn’t have even finished the harvesting if the crop it said too. For some reason my bottles keep disappearing before I can even really start the quests.

Help please.

39. Felicia says:

I'm at my third quest planting tomatoes, when I go harvest the crops, I discover my MIB has disappear !!! Why is this happening to me every week ! Never get my quest finished. I used Smurfberries to finish part of the quest too !!!

40. Christina parrish says:

I finally completed the totem pole. How do you control the weather with it. Nothing happens when I click on it.

41. wondering says:

After I finish the clockwork smurf MIAB quests, will I be able to get the last piece to the totem pole? Or is that over with. I want to finish it. I only have 3 pieces

yes you can get the last piece of the totem pole but remember that it is only luck if yo get a piece you can also get other things like coins

42. Natalia says:

Hello, I'm on level 37. But the bottle never appeared on the island.
    What should I do for the bottle appeared?
    Thanks!

43. Cheryl says:

When there is a message When I Exit,The Village Cannot Place Things.

44. •>|SpecialK|<• says:

So, I see that others are losing their bottle and losing smurfs with it. My question is, does anyone know based on previous experience if the smurfs will be returned upon a bug fix? I am not looking forward to restoring back and losing progress as I can wait if I know they will be returned. If they are not likely to return, then I will restore back. I know you are no Beeline, so any advice based on previous experience would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

• Moochy2 says:

Hi
      I received a message in a bottle and I sent 3 smurfs out on the quest. The bottle disappeared and the smurfs were missing. My 2 smurfs exploring on the rafts also disappeared. All five smurfs returned today 2 days later.
      I hope your smurfs come back too.
      Thanks to all on my GC, has added new dimension to the game.
      Cheers
      Moochy2

45. Gio says:

I am on level 38 and am having issues with mesage in a bottle tasks, I was asked to grow 40 (I think!) tomatoes as the second task but when I returned to the island the bottle had disappeared, I still had 4 days left to complete the task :( this has also happened before.

Another issue I am having is that I say that I am not connected to game centre and cannot access my friends. I open the game via. GC and this sometimes works, but often not even this works even though I get the welcome message from FCC when I open. The smurfs game.

Any help please :)

46. Kimberly says:

The message in the bottle is frustrating to say the least. I have been trying for the last three weeks only to loose my smurfs or have the bottle disappear. Augh!! For now on I will ignore the bottle. Jokey for three nights in a row has also given me nothing. This game is becoming a disappointment more then ever.

47. Smurferguam says:

My bottle disappeared today. Is stil possible to complete the totem pole? I finally finished clockwork smurf! Thank you GC friends! Please send flower pots and dye.

• Kirsty says:

I am naggy as I have the bottle challenge Friday about five o clock I was on the third challenge and growing honey drew I been to check this morning and it has gone it has happened 2 3 times now and it not on cuz I buy smurfberries to complete challenges quicker and I dont even know where the bottle has gone
      I hope you will give me two piece of clockwork smurf to make it up thanks or give me smurfberries back

• Kirsty says:

48. Tamara says:

Me too the bottle disappear took my 4smurf too I dunno what to do

49. burbol says:

Everytime a bottle appears my smurfs are busy, and when I log in the next time the bottle is gone. Is this normal? Or should it stay for some time on the shore?

50. Christina says:

I got a bottle but the silly thing is sitting right in the bottom right corner where the build menu is and I can't access it.. What do I do?

Zoom in ;)
      If your MIAB says send some smurfs to the forest, don't do it as the bottle can disappear and so do your smurfs.